What and Why?
How can I, as a facilitator, make it easier for a group to achieve its goals effectively? What methods can I use to design workshops that stimulate creativity? How can I understand group dynamics? How can I deal with conflicts? How can facilitation as a key competence contribute to generating learning in the organization?
This course consists of a two day "training camp" with experience and exercise-oriented design. The training focuses on giving participants increased role awareness and developed knowledge and skills in terms of method, design, communication, group dynamics and self-insight.
Who is it for?
People who facilitate meetings and workshops in different types of projects and / or who facilitate group development and group dynamic processes. The education requires a basic knowledge in meeting management and presentation techniques.
As a result of the course you will be able to:
· Describe what facilitation is and define the role of a facilitator.
· Define contracts / assignments and outline facilitation setups based on the client's (group's) needs.
· Communicate with the help of both “indirect” and “direct” influence.
· Describe group dynamic processes that facilitate or hinder successful group collaboration.
· Manage conflicts and disagreements in groups.
· Select and use the skills and methods required for successful facilitation sessions.
· Give and receive systematic and developmental feedback.
· Describe the strengths and weaknesses as a facilitator and identify development needs.